Sunday, January 18, 2009

We're Getting Hitched

Yes, Mark and I are engaged! He proposed via blog (how appropriate) on December 23, 2008. It's been somewhat interesting telling people. I mean, Mark and I have known for quite awhile that we would be together forever. We've lived together for about 3 years and in a lot of ways we're already an old married couple. Case in point, The Spousal We:

DENISE: "We need to clean the dishes this weekend."
MARK: "Ok, I'll do them after I finish my stories."

So when people scream in reaction "OMG, OMG!" and jump up and down I'm somewhat surprised. Who knew a piece of jewelry would get everyone so excited?

If I'm only a few weeks into this process and already surprised and confused, wow, this is going to be quite a journey. Probably one worth recording.

I promise I'll keep the romantic drivel to a minimum. And hopefully my posts about the planning process won't seem like a transcript from My Super Sweet Sixteen. But definitely check back to see how the wedding is coming together! And if you want to see the blog that started it all, check out Mark's blog wolfgnards.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment