Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And so it begins...

I had my first wedding related nightmare last night. The nightmare was rather bizarre simply because I'm so early in the process that there's really nothing to stress out about. And yet, I woke up in cold sweats-- over the horrors of having to wear a pink lace mermaid gown.

For those unfamiliar with the mermaid gown, let me explain: it is a look that can only be pulled off by 7 foot tall drag queens performing on stage nightly at the Golden Nugget. The mermaid gown is cut so that it is form fitting through that bust, butt, and thighs and then flares out with a big poof below the knee. So, basically, it's a style of dress that makes you look a foot shorter while enlarging your hips and can only be balanced out by a big bouffant hair-do. It's the fashion industry's big F-U to all normal sized women.


And not only was the dress a mermaid gown, but it was made of sheer, pink lace. So sheer that you could clearly see my black granny panties because, of course, that would be my underwear of choice for my wedding day.


Oh, and bonus, my professionally done make-up ended up more like war paint than a wedding day glow.

As Tim Gunn would say it was a lot of look.

No comments:

Post a Comment